Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Feature suggestions/changes 
Site Admin

Post 'em in here. I'll also go into some detail about what's currently going on behind the scenes.

Today I got most of the work done on integrating the play interface for the new UI. There are a few missing bits, but it's essentially playable so I put a link on the game page so you guys can try it out and let me know about anything you run into. I was struggling / frustrated with the move validation stuff today, and there may be a bug that somehow lets you take too many turns.

I think the next thing I will do is more or less rewrite / restructure all the PHP code and database stuff. That will let me clean up how everything works a significant amount and make stuff like this easy. If I had my druthers, I'd just save it for the Node backend, but ... yeah, you've seen how fast that's been going ;)

Sat May 04, 2013 9:28 am
Is there a way you could display the keys bound to each button when you hover your mouse over it? It's a feature that would probably help newcomers get used to the game faster (that, and I can never remember how to revert or commit, both of which are really important functions in KoS!).

Anyway, great work on the new design, I'm really liking it. <3

Sun May 05, 2013 3:09 am
Site Admin

I think that's doable. Besides barnchak, does anybody have an attachment to the buttons when playing from a computer?

Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 am

Other than to play on my phone (which is a pain anyway), not really. All I use are the Commit and Revert buttons.

Tue May 07, 2013 9:06 pm
Site Admin

There are poorly documented hotkeys for those now! Ctrl+backspace and Ctrl+enter :)

Tue May 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Berry uses keys too ...he told me yesterday

Tue May 07, 2013 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]