Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Perfect Clear Challenge 
Site Admin

I put a whole new game in place today, something that can be played single-player. It's kind of like 40 lines except the goal is to get perfect clears in a set amount of pieces. You can choose 100, 250, 500, or 1000 pieces, and any randomizer. There is no revert on this one.

The top player within the last 7 days for each combination of randomizer/pieces will be shown on the game page; these are ranked first by number of perfect clears achieved, second by time (faster is better). The other stats are just informative for now.

On the backend, it's using the new database schema. Already found a few rough edges, but nothing urgent. This does however mean that it's not tied to your 'main' KoS account (though I will be able to correlate that data as necessary). Practically, this means that you won't have profile stats for PC Challenge, and it won't affect your main profile stats either.

There is no replay support yet, either, and may not be for a while.

Post any comments or bugs here, please!

Tue May 14, 2013 12:52 pm
Site Admin

One thing I was thinking is that "number of perfect clears in X pieces" is not very granular. "Number of pieces used to make X perfect clears" might be a better approach, but it's kind of open-ended whereas with a piece limit you have a definite goal in sight.

Tue May 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey, do you think you could support GET variables for the new game form? Something like this:
http://kingofstackers.com/new_pcb.php?randomizer=0&starting_pieces=1000

Much easier than all that clicking.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 am
Site Admin

I added a 'retry' button that will restart the game with the same settings.

Also: recovered my account, yay! This appears to be the one and only time I have ever signed up for a website with my actual proper e-mail address. No wonder I couldn't figure it out.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]